animals and more

Hello everyone, I spent another evening at the zo o, doing some animal sketches again. I'm still trying not to focus on trying to do a b...

Hello everyone, I spent another evening at the zoo, doing some animal sketches again. I'm still trying not to focus on trying to do a beautiful drawing but to capture the essence of an animal (or person). It's really hard to find what makes them unique and then get that into your drawing. And man, they are moving constantly... maybe I shouldn't start with a cheetha.... a turtle might be more suited ;) The other sketches were an assignment I did for the Stephen Silver course. We were supposed to first take the photo and draw what we saw, then put photo and drawing aside and draw it again from memory, using different shapes but keeping what makes the character. Which is the same concept as the one I'm trying to incorporate in my zoo sketching. Hope that makes sense in a way (if not- it's late and I'm a bit tired ;) )





You Might Also Like

1 Kommentare